Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PART 8: Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn)

4 posters

Go down

PART 8:  Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn) Empty PART 8: Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn)

Post  Julia Hoffman 10th December 2009, 20:21

Julia had gone into Collinsport during the afternoon on business and had stopped in to see Sam Evans. After Elizabeth had told her about the obsessed portraits he was painting of a vengeful man, she wanted to see if she could help her friend in any way. Watching Sam pace the floor of his cottage living room, she'd suggested that they go to the Blue Whale for awhile.

Now, they were on their second round of drinks, Sam was smoking his pipe and seemed to be relaxing a bit.

"The paintings look just like photos of a Reverand Trask that I've seen recently. Mrs. Stoddard and I believe that he died under mysterious circumstances and that his spirit is not at rest. If he wanted his portrait painted, you would be a good artist for him to target. I know it's disturbing, but try not to take it personally Sam," she told him.
Julia Hoffman
Julia Hoffman
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 8:  Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn) Empty Re: PART 8: Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn)

Post  Sam Evans 10th December 2009, 20:27

"Ahh...but I hate to feel so out-of-control," he replied. "He has a very strong will and a harsh personality...I can feel it."

Sam sighed. Why do these things happen to me and not some other artist, he wondered. I have enough problems without this sort of thing happening.

"I had nothing to do with the man's death so long ago, Julia. Why he would get some kind of satisfaction out of causing some poor soul to waste his time painting these unflattering pictures that no one wants is beyond me."

They sat in companionable silence for a few minutes, people watching and listening to the music.
"Well, there's our good Sheriff.....I wonder what brings him in this evening," Sam said.
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 8:  Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn) Empty Re: PART 8: Developments & Suspicions (Julia/Sam/Sheriff/Carolyn)

Post  Sheriff George Patterson 10th December 2009, 20:43

After a long, hard day of work, Patterson didn't feel the least bit of guilt at going to the Blue Whale to drink it off. Although it probably wasn't the most favorable way for Collinsport citizens to spend their time at the Blue Whale, Patterson was sure that he could find someone who he could drink the day away with.

Walking in the doors, he saw Sam Evans and Julia Hoffman at a table and decided he'd found the perfect candidates. "Evenin' Sam and Julia. Don't suppose you two would mind me sharing a drink with you would you?"
Sheriff George Patterson
Sheriff George Patterson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Evans 10th December 2009, 20:58

"Of course not, have a seat George.....nice to see you have the chance to make like a regular citizen and not have some emergency or another to deal with," Sam said. He waved the bartender over to the table and told him to bring the Sheriff whatever he wanted. "Put it on my tab," he said expansively.

"Yeah George, I've just been complaining to Julia here but as the evening goes on, I'm caring about it less and less. Say, maybe you could help Julia out by telling her how to look up information about an old gun she found. It was found at Collinwood.....where else, I ask you.....and it does have an old serial number on it. They keep records of that somehwhere, huh?"
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheriff George Patterson 10th December 2009, 21:10

George thought about it for a moment, after ordering him a drink and thanking Sam. "Well, yes, there is a possibility that we can do a trace on it for you Julia; of course, that all depends on how well the older records were kept. You can bring it into the station tomorrow and I can see what I can do for you."

"Why on earth is Julia holding onto an old gun found up at Collinwood," Patterson thought to himself, but didn't say anything about it. "So Julia, the Collins must have you on some sort of mission, hey?"
Sheriff George Patterson
Sheriff George Patterson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Hoffman 10th December 2009, 21:21

"Something like that, but I'm just curious....it isn't important. The gun is really old and I'd just like to know who it belonged to."

I'd sure like to know what else we should do about that skeleton too but I don't want to bother George or cause unpleasantness for the Collins family, she thought. All the people involved are dead....well, supposedly dead. Quentin and Trask seem to still be active somehow.
Julia Hoffman
Julia Hoffman
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheriff George Patterson 10th December 2009, 21:29

"Well, that makes sense then Julia; sure those Collins have lots of old things of interest hidden about. Speaking of such, looks like one of them has shown up to join us tonight." Patterson gestured over towards the door which Carolyn Stoddard had just walked through. She seemed to have seen Patterson, Julia, and Sam, and was coming over to the table.

"Evening Miss Stoddard,"George said, getting up to offer Carolyn a seat.
Sheriff George Patterson
Sheriff George Patterson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 10th December 2009, 21:32

Carolyn had shown up the Blue Whale unexpectedly. She had no idea where she wanted to go, and for some strange reason, this was just where fate had landed her. She noticed that the Sheriff along with Julia and Sam were at a table, and knew that the only polite thing to do would be to join them.

"Good evening, Sheriff Paterson . . . Julia and Sam," Carolyn said, sitting down at the table while denying the offers of a drink. "So what brings you all here," Carolyn said, in a quite down-beat tone.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Evans 10th December 2009, 21:46

"Well, I'm here by Dr. Hoffman's orders," Sam said and then laughed. "You all know I don't need much of an excuse to be here at all. Seriously though, Julia stopped by to look at some portraits that I've been painting against my will. She says she recognizes the man from old photos."

Sam waved the bartender over for another drink and waited for him to check what the others wanted. "Carolyn, it's...it's kind of like when I was painting those portraits of your Aunt Laura. I'd start to do something else.....and then later I'd find that I painted Laura Collins in flames. Except this time, it's some hostile old sourpuss who died under mysterious circumstances about seventy years ago. It was beginning to get to me....and Julia suggested I visit my favorite local drinking establishment....and it seems to be doing the trick."

He looked at Carolyn and said, "You don't seem to be your usual cheerful, fun-loving self this evening."
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 10th December 2009, 21:58

"Well, that's very strange Sam," Carolyn replied, regarding the paintings. "I don't understand how you are always connected with my families problems . . ."

"I guess I just don't feel like my normal self tonight Sam, thanks for noticing. Perhaps I am coming down with something," Carolyn said, staring half dazed into the distance.

"I'm really not sure what I am doing here exactly, and should probably be getting back soon; I can't remember if I told anyone I was coming out . . . I can't even remember how long I've been out." Carolyn shook her head, as if disagreeing with things in her conscious.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Hoffman 10th December 2009, 22:11

Julia looked at Carolyn with concern. "We all have off-days Carolyn, but if you aren't feeling better soon, I'd like to talk with you about it. I noticed you were not quite yourself the other day when we were in Quentin's room. It isn't like you to brood for days; you really don't have to feel this bad."

Having made her point she thought, Julia continued chatting with Sam, the Sheriff and Carolyn about other things until the evening was over.

~ end scene ~
Julia Hoffman
Julia Hoffman
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down