Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn)

Go down

PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn) Empty PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn)

Post  Harry Johnson 28th December 2009, 14:44

Harry had returned to Collinwood after his run in with Kathryn and his mother and immediately disposed of all evidence of what he was actually doing out in town. If only it were just as simple as returning an urn, he though to himself as he at dinner that night. He then thought about what Kathryn had questioned regarding the powder that had been inside the urn. At the time when he had seen it, he had just dumped the stuff out into a bag and hid it in his room, not thinking much more of it; now however, he wondered if there wasn't something more to it.

It was another sunny day at Collinwood and Harry decided he wanted to go into town again. After telling his mother that he needed her car so he could go get his position at the Antique Shop straight, he, along with the powder, set out into town. Harry still wasn't completely sure what he was going to do with it, so decided to go into the diner and have some coffee. Not long had he been sitting down at the small table that someone else entered the diner, Kathryn Collins.

"Great," he thought, as he grabbed his coffee and stared at the woman. "Her . . . again."
Harry Johnson
Harry Johnson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn) Empty Re: PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn)

Post  Guest 5th January 2010, 20:32

Kathryn had picked up some items at the grocery store to take to the antique shop. It hadn't taken nearly as long as she thought it would, sometimes people took their sweet time in Collinsport. Having some time to spare, she noticed Mrs. Johnson's car at the Collinsport Inn.

She wouldn't be here; I'll bet Harry's in there, she thought. I need to talk to him to find out if he actually wants to work or not.

She parked her van, went inside and tried not to show her amusement at the look on Harry's face when he saw her. She walked up to his table, made herself at home and nodded at the waitress across the room.

"Good morning, Harry. I'm sure you won't mind if I join you. I need to know if and when you want to begin working. You seemed a bit....ummm....unsure about it when you left the shop the other day."

Back to top Go down

PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn) Empty Re: PART 12: Chemistry Experiment (Harry/Kathryn)

Post  Harry Johnson 5th January 2010, 20:46

Harry glanced at Kathryn, then at the waitress when she came over to take the order. "Might I have another cup of coffee," he requested, having finished the first rather abruptly.

"Well, I figure I have nothing to lose if I don't work for you, so I might as well give it a try. Say," he began, leaning back in his chair and looking at Kathryn, "what would I be doing any way?"
Harry Johnson
Harry Johnson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5th January 2010, 20:58

"I'm sorry that it will be rather tedious work, especially at first. There will be dusting, rearranging items in the shop so it always looks fresh and interesting, polishing furniture....oh, thanks." Kathryn smiled as the waitress brought her black coffee and a cinnamon roll.

"At first, I'll just be directing you as I train you. When customers are in the shop, you need to keep an eye on them."
Seeing the look on Harry's face she said, " Maybe something at the cannery would suit you better; I don't know. I'm offering you the job so you can start out somewhere in Collinsport, take it or leave it."

Kathryn drank her coffee while Harry stared out the windows. First he was complaining that no one would give him a chance, now he's getting kind of particular, she thought. I wonder what the problem is.

"Well, I guess you don't have to decide right now, but I need to know soon. You can start today if you want. I don't mind if you're looking for something better while you're working here, but if you want a good reference from me you need to make an effort to do well. Oh, and I checked to make sure the urn was back in Quentin's room. Of course, we'll be keeping an eye on the inventory."

They sat in silence for awhile, eating their breakfast. Finally Kathryn asked, "So, what do you have to say Harry?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Johnson 5th January 2010, 21:10

"Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try; plus Mother insists that I'll be out of Collinwood before I know it if I don't get myself a job somewhere . . . not that I can't get one somewhere else, of course." He knew he probably couldn't easily get a job anywhere else, and knew that he couldn't afford to leave Collinsport just quite yet; there was still far too many things he wished to do.

"The work will be manageable I'm sure, and I might as well start now, as it's either that or return to Collinwood." Harry then began to remember the powder that he'd put in his jacket. He placed his hand on the side of his pocket, making sure it was still there. Then, becoming fixated on Kathryn's coffee, he began to wonder . . . "what would happen . . .".
Harry Johnson
Harry Johnson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5th January 2010, 21:20

Kathryn was pleased to have gotten the employment question settled and was beginning to tell Harry about the paperwork he'd need to fill out. She was interrupted by Mr. Wells, who told her she had a phone call at the front desk.

Surprised, she excused herself for a moment to answer it. It was Julia Hoffman calling from the post office. She'd driven by the inn and saw Kathryn's van and Mrs. Johnson's car. Having just come from Collinwood, she knew that Harry had taken it and was curious if everything was O.K.

"Everything's fine Julia," Kathryn assured her. "He's decided to accept the part-time job, although he's got an attitude. It isn't going to be thrilling for him, but it's a chance for him to prove himself to those who are skeptical of his integrity and abilities. We're just finishing up our coffee and will be going to the shop in a few minutes."

After the conversation was finished, Kathryn returned to the table. The waitress filled her half-full cup of coffee and she continued to tell Harry of the documentation she would need and other essential details of beginning a new job.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Johnson 5th January 2010, 21:29

While Kathryn had been away to the phone, Harry had taken it upon himself to do a little experimenting. "The worst that can happen," he though, "is that she'll get sick . . ." Making sure no one was looking, he carefully took the powder out of his pocket and slipped it into Kathryn's coffee, making sure none spilled on the sides or the table. Then, he resumed his earlier relaxed position.

When Kathryn returned, Harry glanced up at her, noticing she took a drink from the coffee. Passing off a seemingly innocent smile, he looked out the window, continuing to listen to her talk about what all he would need to provide to her in order to get the job.
Harry Johnson
Harry Johnson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5th January 2010, 21:43

Kathryn had made sure that she and Harry had gotten seperate checks. There's no need to start any bad habits; he needs to stand on his own two feet, she thought.

She finished her coffee and reached for her purse. "Payday is every two weeks. But instead of making you wait two and a half weeks for your first check, I'll write you one for this week on Friday afternoon. I'm ready to go. I'll see you at the shop in a few minutes."

She went to pay her bill and walked through the lobby to talk to Mr. Wells for a minute before leaving the inn. She had been feeling fine but she noticed a very slight twinge of anxiety that all was not well. I'm sure it's nothing, she thought. Maybe I'm just a little apprehensive about working with Harry Johnson.

~ end scene ~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down