Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 2

5 posters

Go down

CHAPTER 2 Empty CHAPTER 2

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 26th October 2017, 22:22

Lauryn came downstairs after doing a quick linen sweep of the gust rooms upstairs. The hotel was still fresh and new and Reg and her had agreed that it best to do all of the hospitality work that they could do themselves in order to save from hiring any new workers. Yawning from exhaustion already, even though it was less than five hours until the big Saturday Night Halloween Party was going to start, Lauryn pulled up the stool behind the check in desk, resting her head down on the desk in her folded arms. Managing to nearly drift off into a quick slumber, she soon woke, startled by the harsh, abrupt ringing of the phone beside of her. Wiping her eyes, she then picked up the phone, answering it.

"Hello," she said, her eyes still closed. "Yes, there is a Mr Reginald Armáge here; one moment please," Lauryn replied, sitting the phone down on the desk and opening her eyes. "Reggy!" Lauryn called out, thankful to find that he was coming in from the west hallway. "Babe, you have a phone call over there," Lauryn stated, heading them over to the drawing room sofa, laying down on it.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 2 Empty Re: CHAPTER 2

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 26th October 2017, 22:51

In the middle of taking care of paperwork that needed to be done for the hotel, Reginald stared at Lauryn wondering who could be asking for him. Approaching after glancing at the time he picked up the receiver. “Hello, this is Reginald.”

The receiving end, Vladimir while unable to rest his mind about his son thought of a plan to disguise himself only to have a small conversation with him. Becoming tense when he picked up, Vlad looked down then spoke, “Ah yes, hello. My name is . . .” he paused unsure what to say.

“I’m sorry I didn’t catch that.” Reginald spoke rubbing his eyes from exhaustion.

“Yes, my apologies I’m Richard . . . Smith and wondered if you have accommodations for the evening.
Reginald glanced at the bookings and shrugged, “Yeah of course Mr. Smith we have plenty of rooms. There’s singles and doubles available. About what time were you thinking of arriving?”
Unsure how much more of the charade he could take, Vladimir sighed yes a single will do nicely and we’ll arrive by seven o’clock.” Hearing in the distance someone calling for him, then entered the door revealing Syerren, he instantly hung up the receiver and turned unable to comprehend what he just did.

Reginald still on the line continued explaining about the room, and then spoke, “Oh one thing Mr. Smith. We are having a party for the Halloween season I hope that it won’t be an incon—” he paused realizing he was alone.

“Hello? Are you there Mr. Smith?”

Hanging up the phone, Reginald glared getting a feeling that it was a prank call. Prepared to throw it away, he stared at it for a moment getting a slight chill about it and then placed the bill aside.

Only then seeing the door open to reveal Simon he scoffed approaching the stairs, “Good of you to show up. A relative of yours might be coming to stay here tonight.” As he laughed and questioned who, Reg shrugged, “I don't know some Richard Smith or something; then again could have been a Halloween prank done by a local bully or something.”

Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Smith 26th October 2017, 23:14

Smirking at Reginald's comment of it being a relative of his coming to stay the night, Simon shook his head. "Sorry mate, not a relative of mine," he said, thinking about the name as his mind wandered off into then thinking of Vladimir and how he always used the name Richard when among outsiders. Shaking off the though though, knowing that Vlad wouldn't be silly enough to try and blow his cover after all this time, Simon headed off upstairs along with Reginald.

After doing handyman work to a leaky sink in a shared bathroom as well as restocking wood in a few of the fireplaces, Simon returned downstairs just as Reginald was stapling up a banner across the drawing room doors. "This is fun and all, but who gets stuck cleaning all of this mess up?" He questioned, looking around at the various cobwebs, streamers, ghosts and such that adorned every spare section of wall or corner. "Much less, where did you find it all?" He asked, soon learning that his own wife was responsible for the chaos.

"Well, now I am even more glad I didn't agree to host such a spooktacular event at my own house," he said, going around Reginald on the ladder and entering the drawing room. "You know, Reginald, your father never was much of a party goer. In fact, I used to purposely drag him to social events or clubs just to annoy him." Laughing at the memories, Simon picked up a decanter of liquor, pouring himself a drink. "I imagine if he were ever to be at this party here tonight, that we would have found him shriveled up over there in the corner of the room with a scornful look on his face. Your mother though on the other hand . . . yes, your mother was one to party. She and my wife would be having more fun than anyone else at the party." Looking up at Reginald, noticing that he had stopped what he was doing only to listen to him, Simon sighed. "I'm sorry, my boy. It's just times like these that I realize how much I miss seeing that goofball of a father of yours," Simon stated, before sitting his glass down on a table. "I should get back to the Old House now," he said, quickly scrambling past Reginald and heading out the door.
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 26th October 2017, 23:35

“Before you leave Simon,” Reginald questioned while beginning to descend from the ladder. “What were you and Cecillia thinking of doing dressing up as for the Halloween party?” Hearing him laugh over the thought making Reg smile he spoke of Count Dracula and Bride of Dracula.

Rolling his eyes, Reginald teased, “Really? I would have thought you would be something more original. Seeing he was prepared to protest, Reginald smiled folding his arms, “its fine really. Be the lame boring vampire count I’m sure you always wanted to be, Simon.” Being then questioned what he and Lauryn were going as, he shook his head and continued, “I’d rather leave it a surprise.” Leaving through the hall to further prepare for the party.
Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 27th October 2017, 16:46

After taking a quick nap on the sofa, Lauryn awoke. Looking around at all the decorating that had occurred while she was asleep, she smiled at Reginald's good work. Heading upstairs then, Lauryn entered hers and Reginald's bedroom, just as Reginald turned around. "What are you wearing?" She suddenly laughed, stepping inside and closing the door behind her. "Oh my God, where did you even find such a costume?" she continued, as Reginald continued getting dressed.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 27th October 2017, 17:35

Putting the finishing touches on his grim reaper skeleton costume, Reginald removed the gruesome mask. “What is it too much? I found it at Halloween store that opened just outside of town. I don’t know I thought it was fitting with the environment,” he laughed. “I know at first I was going to the werewolf but . . . I don't know something didn’t seem fitting about it.”

Grabbing Lauryn he smiled at her kissing her cheek “and besides I figured you wouldn’t want to be scene with a hairy beast would you?”
Hearing her laugh as well, Reg looked to the clock on the mantle. “Well I’d better finish setting up. Guests will be here soon.

It was after 7 when guests of many sorts and costumes began flooding the Hotel. With it going well and from his point of view everyone enjoying the spooky good time, Reginald was pulled to the side as a guest he couldn’t recognize was pulled to the side and asked to help out in the kitchen. Putting his drink down then proceeding to the back, he opened the kitchen door finding Trevor and what appeared to be one his famous pranks.
Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Lyosen Smith 27th October 2017, 17:52

"Surprise!" Trevor yelled, stepping out from behind the kitchen door as, at the same time, a barely dressed girl popped out of the center of a large orange cake in the middle of the kitchen. "Dude, this party is where it's at, man!" Trevor excitedly proclaimed, helping the girl out of the cake and kissing her, then putting an arm around her shoulders. "Hope you don't mind I brought along a little personal entertainment mate," Trevor laughed, picking up a beer and downing it, then turning back to Reginald who seemed perplexed still. "Oh, right, you want to know how I got this big ass cake in here right under your nose without you knowing it? Well, unfortunately a genius never tells all, but . . ." he smirked, moving past Reginald, but stopping right beside of him, "You might want to ask your wife why she was so exhausted this evening," he added, then thrusting his hips forward and popping his girlfriend in the backside, as the two exited back out into the party.
Trevor Lyosen Smith
Trevor Lyosen Smith
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 27th October 2017, 18:05

Rolling his eyes from Trevor’s nonsensical mind, Reginald looked around the kitchen making sure everything was in order before leaving considering it was all a big joke. Grabbing then a small handle full of M&M pieces as he made his way back into the foyer eating them while nodding to a few guests.

Soon however, his attention was brought upon by the doors suddenly swinging open revealing a cloaked figure standing in the door way. Cautious at first he then sighed as the man came into view being Simon in his Dracula costume with Cecillia behind, making his presence known. Reginald leaned against the wall, “Oh good grief.”
Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Smith 27th October 2017, 18:18

Arriving a little late to the party so that everyone would see he and his wife enter, Simon made his way through the foyer of the Hotel and into the drawing room. Spinning around, getting a good view of the atmosphere, he then spotted Trevor who approached him in his cowboy outfit. "Trev!" Simon spoke, placing a hand on his sons shoulder, eyeing his apparent Playboy Bunny beside him. "You aren't Miss June by chance are you?" Simon then questioned, looking at the girl as she blushed.

"Simon!" Cecillia soon responded, smacking him in the chest. "Behave yourself," Cecillia then continued, "By the looks of her, she is barely legal."

"Yes dear; of course you are right dear," Simon replied, smiling a he then saw Reginald. Slipping in his ill fitting plastic fangs, he walked over to Reginald, who, at this point, appeared to be hastily holding up the wall. "I vant to suck ya blood!" Simon then spat out, hardly doing so without laughing as he grabbed on to Reginald, pretending to bite his neck. Spitting out the teeth and grabbing a glass of champagne that was being offered by a caterer, Simon leaned up against the wall beside Reginald. "This is a nice, successful party kid," he said, glancing at Reginald. "I just don't know what you're doing here with your face off, instead of out there having fun."
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 27th October 2017, 18:47

“I’ve been having fun Simon,” Reg responded adjusting slightly. “It’s I don't know how to explain it. I feel like something is missing. I guess I’m imagining things again but don’t worry your little . . . undead self,” nudging him followed by laughing, “I’m fine.” Grabbing his mask then lifting his head then moving back into the drawing room with the party.

A new hour struck as the guests continued dancing to drinking or socializing with each other. With a loud knock on the door, one door greater opened revealing three persons all dressed in what to be dated costumes witch and warlock costumes. Behind a fake beard and hat, Vladimir stepped forward we’re the Smith party who called earlier. Gesturing the group forward, many standing in the foyer looked at them with strange expression but continued their conversation. Trying hard to blend in, Vladimir glanced at Syerren more or less dressed the same and Amy in a witch costume and walked towards the drawing room seeing at last their son in the middle of playing the piano.

Just finishing a Halloween piece he worked hard on for several weeks, Reginald stood, giving a laugh then nodded for applauds by the guests. “Thank you everyone for coming and if you need a room, don’t hesitate to ask.” He laughed. “I couldn’t have done it without the help of my wife Lauryn and of course the Smith family. I would like . . .” then paused, seeing the group that came in finding something peculiar about them.
Shaking it off he grabbed a nearby drink smiled, “Thanks everyone enjoy the party.”
Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Smith 27th October 2017, 19:02

He had already thrown back a few glasses of champagne and a bottle of beer he stole from his son, but Simon still felt quite level headed under the circumstances. Grabbing Cecillia's hands, preparing to enjoy a dance with her as Reginald turned back on the mixed Halloween tape that had been playing all evening, he then took a step back too far, bumping into another person. "Excuse me," Simon said, turning around to make sure that whomever he had stepped on was alright, finding it to be an oddly dressed man his height. "Vlad?" Simon then muttered, recognizing his eyes immediately, as he then yanked on his obvious fake beard.

Turning back to Cecillia slightly, Simon quickly told her that he was helping this guest find the bathroom, then turned back to Vladimir, grabbing him by the shirt as he shoved him quickly through the foyer and into the small bathroom. "What the hell are you doing here like this?" Simon then burst out, yanking the beard off of him the rest of the way and throwing it in the sink. "I mean, I am really stoked to see you mate, and I'm sure that Cecillia will be too, but . . . no! You can't be here like this now! Does Amy know?" Simon asked, then watching the expression on Vladimir's face change even though he remained silent. "She's out there right now?! Oh just great!" Shaking his head as he leaned back and sat on the sink counter, he glared at Vladimir. "So. You're really doing this huh? Here and now?"
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Armâge 28th October 2017, 13:23

“Dammit Simon, will you calm down for one second before I throw you through a wall!” Vladimir protested pushing the man off of him after his disguise was exposed. “Can you blame me? We’ve missed our son. After hearing about the party, everyone agreed this one time we would go and from a distance support our son and his achievements.”

Letting out a sigh, he shrugged. “But who am I kidding,” now leaning on the sink staring at the empty mirror. “Reginald has grown up so much. Raised a family a thriving business and . . .” glances at Simon, “has everything that Amy and I could ever hope for. I just wish we were part of it and what better way than a Halloween party!” Looking then at his watch, Vladimir sighed removing his costume hat, “It’s getting late; I’ll gather Amy and Syerren and we’ll leave. It's probably better Reginald didn’t see us anyway.” Turning towards the opposite wall, he stopped and turned back and pulled out his wallet. “Here.” giving him a wad of cash. “Give this to him hopefully it will help with the hotel business and well his growing family.”

Vladimir Armâge
Vladimir Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Smith 28th October 2017, 20:27

Shaking his head, pushing the money back at Vladimir, Simon crossed his arms. "This isn't what Reginald needs. Do you think a few hundred dollars is really going to do much help? It's not going to solve any real problems. It's not going to replace what is missing in his life. And it's not going to make either of you feel any better; not really." Sighing, Simon placed a hand on Vlad's shoulder. "If you really want to meet your son tonight for the first time since he was a young child, then you need to do it right. There was a lot of lies and deceit that went into hiding you all these years, and as happy as I'm sure he will be, the news is also likely to tear him apart. Reginald is a very tenderhearted, caring young man. He has put good faith in Cecillia and myself all of these years. He has grown up along side my own son like brothers. To him, you, Amy, and Syerren are not much more than a series of bedtime stores that he was told growing up. I know that he is your son and that you deserve to know him and have every right to go out there right now and tell him who you really are, but do you really think it wise? Think not how it will make you feel, but put your son and his feelings first, Vladimir. Let me help you do it right, but not here like this tonight."
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladimir Armâge 30th October 2017, 22:09

Unsure what more he could do, Vladimir lowered his head, letting out a sigh, “I guess you’re right about this one Old Man. All I’ve ever wanted was the best for my family and—” he paused in midsentence as a knock on the door was heard. Hearing Reginald’s voice he stood frozen. Prepared to vanish, Vladimir was grabbed by Simon and shoved into the nearby closet.

Having learned of one of the guests being sick and Simon taking care of it, Reginald went to investigate the issue in case an ambulance or doctor was needed. As he heard Simon’s voice in the other end he knocked realizing the talking stopped on the other end. “Simon is everything okay?” Opening the door, just as Simon closed the closet door, he glared, “What’s going on? Is everything okay?”
Vladimir Armâge
Vladimir Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Smith 30th October 2017, 22:21

"Yes, yes, everything is fine Reginald," Simon said, moving over to the sink, turning on the water. "Just got done attending to the sick guest, who eh, decided it best that he head out for the night. One too many alcoholic beverages I think," Simon smirked, washing his hands and turning off the water, as Reginald then questioned about whom he was talking with. "Oh, just myself. Yes, hate to break it to you, but I fancy a good old talk with myself some times." Seeing Reginald give him a confused, baffled look, all the while trying not to break off into laughter, Simon motioned towards the door. "Yes, well how about the two of us head on back out to the party then," Simon spoke, as Reginald exited the bathroom ahead of him as Vlad stepped out of the closet, and Simon nodded at him, quickly tossing him the key to the Old House cellar.
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down