Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 5

3 posters

Go down

CHAPTER 5 Empty CHAPTER 5

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 4th November 2017, 21:38

It was a breezy November morning, as Lauryn sat downstairs in the drawing room with her third cup of coffee in one hand and the latest edition of 'People' magazine in the other. Left alone to manage the hotel due to Reginald having left for Bangor before sunrise, Lauryn felt neither lonely or in despair. In fact, she was most excited for Reginald's return, as she knew he would arrive with their new dinnerware she had ordered just the week before.

Sitting the magazine down, she stood, just as a young boy and his mother entered the room. "Good morning; I hope that the two of you had a relaxing night. Please make your way into the dining area if you desire a complementary breakfast," she added, before exiting out into the foyer, taking a moment to look at the clock.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 5 Empty Re: CHAPTER 5

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 4th November 2017, 21:57

Waking to the new morning, Amy went out onto the balcony staring out into the woods glistening bright sunny but windy morning. While hoping Vladimir and Syerren found shelter for the day, she nevertheless was relieved to be back in Collinsport, having missed her town greatly. Suddenly feeling the chill get to her, Amy walked back inside her room and got dressed.

Once composed for the day, she wanted to write her dear friend Ange, having promised she would keep up with events. Not seeing parchment or anything to write, she thought possibly one of the staff might have something that would suffice.

Once leaving the room then making her way downstairs, having heard from voices down below of complementary breakfast, Amy saw the woman her daughter-in-law whom she met with late last evening. Coming down the stairs smiling in her direction, Amy nodded, “Good Morning. Looking around the foyer while loving what everyone did with the place, she turned her focus back on Lauryn as she explained the breakfast situation.

Thanking her while having never much of a large appetite because of her condition, she spoke, “You wouldn’t happen to have any parchment paper. I was hoping to write to my friend in England.”
Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 4th November 2017, 22:24

Looking at Amy for a moment as she asked for parchment paper, Lauryn felt as though she probably stared a hole through Amy's head. "Well . . . I will assume that you don't want the parchment paper that is used for baking in the kitchen, and, beings how, unfortunately, this hotel is more modern than it looks, I regret to say that I do not have any parchment paper for your writing needs. I can, however, interest you in this lovely basic typing paper with our Hotel information across the top, if that would suffice? Or, perhaps a sheet of this yellow legal pad?" Feeling as though her attempts at some form of humor was far off and extremely ineffective towards Amy, Lauryn crossed her arms. "I can always give a call out to your relative out at the Old House. He is sadly extremely old fashioned. I swear, between the two of us, I believe I saw him writing with a quill and ink once. Like really, old man?" Smiling, she stood from the desk stool, walking over to a pot of coffee sitting on an end table and pouring it into a cup. "Here," she said, handing the coffee to Amy. "You don't have to eat our food, but you do have to try our coffee."
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 4th November 2017, 22:41

“You’re stationary will do fine,” accepting the coffee and thanking her. “Honestly, it must run in the family, being old fashioned. I don't know,” looking around the place, “I’ve always found being surrounded by candlelight to be quite exciting. Catching a grin from Lauryn then she questioned about her family, Amy turned to the stairs. “Oh, they must have left early morning. I know Richard was eager to get to Bangor and set up his business there.”

Figuring it best then to draw the attention away from her family to reduce speculation, Amy walked around the foyer. “I must say, I love what have done with the place, touching the wall then soon landing on a portrait of Barnabas Collins. “I’ve seen you’ve kept much of the style they way the Collins have left it.” Watching as Lauryn came next to her she continued, “This is an ancestor is it not?” wondering how much of the history she actually knew.
Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 4th November 2017, 23:07

"Yes, an ancestor of Reg's. This is a portrait of Barnabas Collins. This house was to be a wedding present to him and his soon to be wife Josette; however, the wedding never occurred and over the years this home just became the family's main living quarters. Carolyn Stoddard, asides from her cousin David, was the last in line of the original Collins family who settled in this house, and was the one who inherited it after her mother's passing. However," Lauryn started, sitting her cup of coffee down as she got further engaged in the story, here's where things get fun. "In approximately 1967 Cecillia Collins Smith, you know, Simon's wife," arrived here after the passing of her Grandfather, who was the son of Quentin Collins, who lived here back in the 1800s. Around that same time, a very very familiar man by the name of Barnabas Collins showed up in town from England. He claimed to be a descendant of the original Barnabas Collins, and get this . . . looked exactly like the portrait. Then, also around the same time, Reginald's mother shows up here, Amy Collins. And it just keeps getting weirder; she was the daughter of Barnabas Collins! I mean, not the one in the portrait but the one that had just showed up here!" Smiling, Lauryn turned back to the painting. "You don't know how many times Reginald has recited all of that to me. He knows the Collins family history like the back of his hand. He is very fond of his ancestry. I only wish that his parents didn't have to be something he had to read about in a family history book. Whenever it is Thanksgiving or Christmas and we go to my parents house and sit around the table, you can't imagine how much my heart aches wishing that Reg could have his parents sitting across from him as well." Stopping in a moment of silence, Lauryn then turned to Amy; "I do apologize for going off on a tangent. Let me get that paper that you requested."
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 4th November 2017, 23:35

Having always loved hearing the stories of her family’s past, then becoming teary at the end having wished there was a way that they could have been with Reginald all those years she grabbed her handkerchief and wiped her eyes, as Lauryn left to get the paper. Left in wonder of what to do, hating to see her son in such a state, she was startled by an appearance of a guest with their child. Still in a state, Amy plastered on a smile as they walked by and into the dining area.

Letting out a sigh, unable to get the image of her young Reginald out of her mind, Amy turned around as she heard Lauryn’s voice, bringing her a few sheets. “Here if you need more don’t hesitate to ask,” passing them to her.

Nodding looking at the nice quality of them, Amy looked to Lauryn questioning, “I was wondering if your husband was around? I had a few questions I wanted to ask. Being then told about his trip to Bangor for the day and would be back later, Amy nodded with a smile, thanking again for the paper and went upstairs, only to have without her knowing a small ring fall onto one of the steps.

Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 5th November 2017, 19:41

A couple hours had passed as the day progressed into one disaster after another.  Between a vase getting knocked over and broken by a small child, to a small fire in the kitchen, Lauryn was prepared to just call it quits and head upstairs to wait for her husband.  After securing the check in desk and making sure that everything was fine with the cooks, Lauryn grabbed her infant son from his nap in a bassinet in the foyer and headed off upstairs.  As she neared the top step, however, her eyes soon caught onto something shiny laying up against the back of a step.  Adjusting Michael in her arms, she reached down, picking up the object, finding it to be a ring.  Placing the ring then inside of her pocket, she continued to her bedroom.

Laying down on the bed with Michael asleep beside of her, Lauryn stared up at the ceiling, closing her eyes.  Hearing then a door slam down the hall, followed by running and a woman screaming, Lauryn quickly sat back up, sighing.  It was the first time that the hotel had been so full of guests, and for the first time, she wished that it was empty.  Remembering then about the ring she had picked up off the stairs, she pulled it out of her pocket, looking down at it.  It appeared a simple golden ring that would fit the finger of a child.  Placing it on her pinky, she spun it around, then took it back off again.  Prepared to place it in a box of lost and found items she kept locked away, she then noticed an etching on the inside of it.  Holding the ring up to a light and squinting a bit, she just could make out the engraving, "Amy du Près".  At first just a random name, something soon clicked inside of her as she felt a sudden rush of unexplained anxiety and fear inside of her.  "Amy du Près," she said out loud, turning around to face the window.  "Reginald's mother was a du Près, wasn't she?" She questioned out loud once more, answering her own questions.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, fixated still yet with the ring, she began picturing how the ring could end up on the stairs.  She had never known Reginald to have such an object, as he would have shown her if he had. Furthermore, how would it have ended up on the stairs even if there was a chance that he had it?  But, if Reginald had dropped it, how would she have not seen it earlier when she had came up and down the stairs, much less none of the other guests?  

"Amy du Près," she muttered again, as then a light bulb turned on in her head.  "Amy du Près.  Amy Smith.  You aren't a relative of Simon's."  Quickly standing, Lauryn shoved the ring back into her pocket as she bolted out of her room, leaving the door standing open.  Rushing down the hallway, she stopped outside of the room belonging to the Smith family, then knocked frantically.

In between reading a book to meditating in her bed for the time being, Amy had suddenly a shock of fear engulf her as she could have almost sworn she heard her name in the distance. Instantly getting up from the bed realising she didn’t have her ring, she gasped while hearing a knock on the door.

As the door soon opened and Amy stood before her with a concerned, yet confused look on her face, Lauryn stared back.  "Mom?" she then questioned, as tears flooded her eyes, and she instinctively stepped forward, embracing Amy.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 5th November 2017, 20:18

While left baffled by it to be Lauryn in a confused state of mind, Amy glanced out into the hall then brought the anxious woman in her room. Hearing questioned on if it was true that she was in fact Amy du Prés Collins who later became mother to Reginald, she did little in response and took a seat at a nearby chair.

“Now, Lauryn is it? I’m not sure what speculation you have but . . .” being then shown her ring, Amy looked away accepting it. “Alright, I’ll be frank with you. I am Reginald’s mother. I’ve been in England all this time after the accident wishing I could return but . . .” feeling tears run down her cheek she shook her head. “Never mind, I’m sorry about all of this but just know Reginald means the world to me . . . his father, his whole family really. After hearing so much that had been going on with my son, I just couldn’t bear to be away and miss any more of his life. So . . .” following a shrug and a slight smile, “here I am.”

Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 5th November 2017, 20:30

"This is probably the most amazing thing ever," Lauryn grinned, in such disbelief but believing it all. "I just can't believe that it's you. I mean, you're you! You're Reg's mother. You're my mother in law. You . . . you have a grandson whom you haven't met, and, a granddaughter on the way." Hugging Amy once more, Lauryn then stood, wiping the tears from her face. "Reginald is going to be so excited when he finds out. I believe it's going to just break his poor heart but in a good way, you know? Gosh, I just can't believe you're actually alive after all this time," Lauryn continued, hearing then a baby screaming in the distance. "Oh! I forgot that I left Michael alone on the bed in all the excitement," she exclaimed, grabbing Amy's hand. "Come. Come meet your first grandchild."
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Reginald Collins Armâge 5th November 2017, 20:52

Having only returned to Collinsport after spending all morning with lawyers after and businessmen including Lauryn’s father about investments with the hotel getting all legal documents up to date after picking up Lauryn’s dinnerware, he arrived back exhausted putting his arm filled paperwork aside and box of antique dinnerware. Surprised in not seeing anyone at the front foyer having remembered they were going to have full house, he ventured upstairs preparing to change into something more comfortable. Hearing though a child cry, knowing from experience to be his own, he went to the room only to find his wife along with Amy. “Oh . . . hello dear. I didn’t mean to interrupt. I just wanted to let you know I’m back with the dishes and utensils and when you have time we need to go over some paperwork to sign.”
Reginald Collins Armâge
Reginald Collins Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 5th November 2017, 21:09

Surprised that Reginald had arrived back and thrilled to see him, Lauryn turned, smiling towards him, laying Michael back on the bed. "Wait, Reg," Lauryn then called out as he was about to leave the room. Quickly walking over to him, she grabbed his hands, kissing him. Seeing that he was hesitant and somewhat uncomfortable to have a guest in his bedroom whilst Lauryn was being somewhat intimate, Lauryn backed off. Running her hands up his arms, she then placed them on his shoulders as she tried to calm her glowing smile. "Reginald, can I tell you something and you just listen to me and try to believe me, no matter how bazaar it sounds?" Lauryn questioned, watching as he glanced at Amy before agreeing. "Well, you know how you were always told by Simon when you were growing up that your parents had died in an accident? Well, what if, by some strange, miraculous miracle, they weren't actually dead, but instead, in hiding?" She questioned.

Suddenly pulling away from Lauryn, Reginald, placed his hand on his head for a moment. "Is this some sort of joke, Lauryn? And what great, sincere timing you have," he added, shaking his head. "I am exhausted, completely worn out, and I come home to this?"

"But Reginald, what I am saying, I swear to you it's the truth!" Lauryn demanded, trying to grab his arm but being pushed away.

"I would appreciate it if you and your friend here take your jokes and excitement elsewhere now, as I have heard enough!" Reginald exclaimed, raising his voice slightly as he held the door open.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 5th November 2017, 21:35

“Reginald!” Amy stood with a stern voice then slowly walked to him. “Now I may know very little on parenting but please understand that it was for your and the family’s own good of our reasoning’s for leaving.”

“Oh yeah and who are you exactly? Mrs. Smith. Some lawyer of some kind speaking for these parents that have somehow after all these years survived and now live somewhere else merely because of hiding?”

“Reginald Armâge I am your mother, Amy du Prés Collins Armâge returning to you!”

That’s impossible. You couldn’t look at you and how young you look.” Shaking his head, he continued, “You, madam,” now gesturing toward her, “have no right at all to come here and state those things. It was nearly twenty years ago and believe me, if they were alive I doubt they would have waited this long to tell me.”

Feeling heartbroken by Reginald’s words engulfing the room, Amy stood her ground eyeing her child. “I’m sorry. If I had the power to change the past, I would. I understand if you want to be upset Reginald, you’ve lived a life of a lie and the only way we want to fix it is by at last meeting you and sharing in your accomplishments,” then turned around having enough of Reginald and smiled at Lauryn. “I thank you for your hospitality Lauryn and I adore your children. Now if you would excuse me,” moving past Reginald glancing at him once more then left and returned to her room.
Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 5th November 2017, 21:44

Remaining in the room as Reginald slammed the door shut, then turned around to glare at her, Lauryn stood her ground, crossing her arms. "You are completely unbelievable, you know?" Lauryn sighed, then turning and sitting down on the bed. "I asked of you to trust me, and you couldn't even do that. Reginald, I am your wife. I love you more than you could ever realize, and I would never, ever, lie to you unless I had to." Getting up from the bed, going over to him at the dresser, Lauryn grabbed Reginald by the arm, grabbing his hand as he went to push her away. "Just stop it! Stop being a hard head for two seconds and listen to me Reginald! That woman back there, some how, some way, she is your mother, and I believe her. Call it maternal instinct, whatever you must, but I just know it is the truth. She knows everything about you when you were a child. She knows your family history. And, she was holding on to a possession that either proves she is, in fact, who she says she is, or, she managed to steal something I don't know how she would get her hands on."

As Reginald continued to ignore her explanations, and instead grabbed clean clothes and headed off to the bathroom, Lauryn followed close behind him, catching the bathroom door just before it shut. Going inside and locking the door behind her, she glared at Reginald. "What is wrong with you?"
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 5th November 2017, 22:02

“Nothing is wrong Lauryn! Now back off, will you?” Reginald sneered, leaning against the wall. Taking in a deep breath, he stared at her as she was looking away. “Look, I don’t know how to explain it but telling me all of this parents are alive business, you’ve opened up a personal and intimate part in my life that still very much hurts and I mean why now of all times to come back now and claim this?”

Considering it further, walked back to Lauryn, “I want to believe you really I do, it you know just took me by surprise and the last thing I want is this to be a hoax; however, there is one person that could vouch if this truly is my mother: Simon.”
Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauryn Osbourne Armâge 5th November 2017, 22:09

"Ok," Lauryn agreed, looking up at Reginald as he lingered beside of her. "You take your shower, and then we will go over to the Old House and speak with Simon," Lauryn said, as Reginald hesitantly agreed. Smiling, Lauryn kissed him, then opened the bathroom door, but looked back at him. "And thank you babe for picking up the new dishes for the hotel," she smiled, excitedly heading off to go downstairs and look at them.
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Lauryn Osbourne Armâge
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down